ПРИМЕР ОТВЕТА 4
Запишите отновные идеи профессора в таблицу.
1. architecture class / tools
2. a piece of equipment that is intended to accomplish a physical task / narrower / transformations accurse for a specific purpose
3. anything that provides a mechanical advantage / broad
4. elephant / stick
5. no transformation / usage
6. transformation / stick / hole
Using points and examples from the lecture explain two definitions of tools presented by the professor.
The lecture is about tools and what can be considered as a tool.
The professor gives two definitions of a tool, narrower and broad. First, a tool is a piece of equipment that is intended to accomplish a physical task. Second, a tool is anything that provides a mechanical advantage. He also gives two examples. First, an elephant scratching his back on a stick. The stick can be considered as a tool by the broad definition. The elephant got the advantage. Second, digging up a ground to make a hole. We sharpen a stick for this purpose, we transform it. So the stick is considered a stick by the narrower definition. The transformation was made.
That’s how the professor explains two kinds of tool definitions.