Установите соответствие тем A-G текстам 1-6. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании одна тема лишняя. TEST 06 (part 1)
A. LIGHTER SUITCASES
B. BUYING TICKETS
C. FAST-MOVING TRANSPORT
D. TRANSPORT CHOICES
E. AEROPLANE EXERCISES
F. LONGER HOLIDAYS
G. FOOD INCLUDED
1. Package holidays, which include flights and hotel accommodation in the same booking, have been popular for several decades. Recently, however, a new type of package holiday has been introduced: the 'all-inclusive' package. Many holidaymakers, particularly those with families or those on a limited budget, are attracted by all-inclusive holidays. This is because all meals, drinks and snacks such as ice creams, as well as flights and accommodation, are included in the price.
2. The Isles of Scilly, off the south-west coast of Cornwall in the UK, are a popular tourist destination. Many of the visitors to the islands arrive in their own boats, either from Cornwall or from the north coast of France. Those without a boat have a range of options for getting there. There are daily flights from Plymouth and Newquay airports, and a helicopter flies several times a day from Penzance. The ferry Scillonian III is also based in Penzance, sailing to the islands once a day, and twice on Sundays.
3. If you're going on a trip and are unsure what and how much to pack, follow this simple rule. Get everything that you could possibly want to take with you ready. Then, when you've made a big pile, put half of it back. Be strict with yourself! People always take too much with them when they travel -clothes they won't wear, toiletries they won't use. Carrying heavy bags is never fun, so don't take too much with you!
4. Bicycles are not just used for recreation. In Britain, thousands of postmen and women deliver the mail each day by bike as it's much quicker than walking. In towns and cities with traffic problems, such as Los Angeles in the USA, a bike is often the quickest way for a police officer to move around. In India, bicycles are often used to deliver lunch to shop and office workers. At large airports in Germany, it's quite common to see airport workers riding around on bikes.
5. On long flights, it's important not to sit still for too long, as this can be bad for your health. A good exercise for your hands is to squeeze a tennis ball - or even a pair of socks if you haven't got a tennis ball - ten or fifteen times. For your feet, take your shoes off and put your feet on the floor. Raise your toes as high as possible and hold them there for about five seconds. Repeat the exercise until your toes get tired.
6. Not long ago, if you wanted to book a plane ticket or a package holiday, you had no choice - you had to go to a travel agent's. The Internet has changed that, however, and now flights and trips can be booked in the comfort of your own home. It's often cheaper, quicker and more convenient to book tickets online, but you do need a credit card. If you want to pay by cash or cheque, you still have to make that visit to the high street.