Установите соответствие тем A-G текстам 1-6. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании одна тема лишняя. TEST 05(part 1)
A. SIMPLE MEALS 5
B. POPULAR COOKS 4
C. SAFE COOKING 2
D. NEW DISCOVERY 1
E. DIFFICULT JOB 3
F. DELICIOUS SNACKS
G. CHANGING HABITS 6
1. We're all used to the idea that there are simply four tastes. Our food can be sweet (like sugar), sour (like lemons), salty (like salt, of course) and bitter (like olives). Now scientists have found that parts of the tongue react to a fifth taste, which they call 'umami'. Umami is quite a rich taste, found in red meat, soy sauce, mushrooms and hard cheese, such as Parmesan. The word 'umami' comes from Japanese.
Пятый вкус. NEW DISCOVERY
2. One thing you have to remember is that meat can contain bacteria. You have to be particularly careful with white meats like chicken and pork. Make sure that you cook them properly. Use a metal skewer or a fork to test whether the meat is done or not. The juices from the meat should be clear. You should also be careful when preparing food. Use separate chopping boards for meat and vegetables. The reason for this is that we don't want any bacteria from the meat to find their way onto our vegetables. They might not be killed when we cook the vegetables.
В мясе могут содержаться опасные бактерии. SAFE COOKING
3. Running a busy restaurant is a real challenge. A head chef has to be part army officer, part artist and part businessman. With so many people working in a busy kitchen, it's not easy to keep control and a head chef has to make sure that everyone does their job properly. At the same time, he or she has to create great food without wasting ingredients. It takes years of training to become a head chef and not everyone can do it.
Быть шеф-поваром не просто. DIFFICULT JOB
4. Walk into any bookshop or turn on your TV and you can't avoid celebrity chefs. They are famous for cooking and for teaching the nation how to cook. They each have their own style and their own fans, from the very friendly style of Jamie Oliver to the more formal style of Delia Smith. However, they all have one thing in common: they are all very good at communicating their enthusiasm for food and for cooking.
Разные повара – разные стили приготовления пищи. POPULAR COOKS
5. The thought of cooking for friends at home makes most of us a little nervous. It needn't be such a nightmare, though. The secret is planning. If you keep your menu simple and stick to dishes you know well, your dinner party will be a success. Give your guests something that is easy to prepare and that doesn't mean you have to be in the kitchen all the time. That way, you can enjoy the occasion too !
Простые блюда облегчат приготовления званого обеда. SIMPLE MEALS
6. Traditionally, eating was something that we all did together as families. In the past, most parents insisted that the whole family sat around the dining table at a certain time. All that has changed. These days, we're more likely to watch TV while we eat, or to eat at different times from the other members of our family. In a world where it's so easy to cook a microwave meal in seconds and both parents go out to work, it's very rare for families to share their news over a good meal.
Традиция совместных обедов утеряна. CHANGING HABITS