Установите соответствие тем A-G текстам 1-6. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании одна тема лишняя. TEST 07 (part 1)
A. UNEXPLAINED EVENTS
B. SPACE TOURISTS 3
C. DISTANT WORLD 5
D. ANCIENT SCIENCE 6
E. FAILED HOPES 1
F. SPECTACULAR SIGHT 4
G. SERIOUS RISKS 2
1. When Neil Armstrong first set foot on the Moon in July 1969, many people around the world thought that it was the beginning of mankind's journey to the stars. They expected to see people living on the Moon in special bases. However, it wasn't to be. Getting to the Moon was expensive and of limited scientific value. Those who were expecting a golden age of space exploration were disappointed.
Ожидание новой эры в исследовании космоса. FAILED HOPES
2. Astronauts face many dangers in space. The take-off and landing are dangerous, and there's always a chance that a meteor is going to hit your spacecraft. Other threats come from something you can't see: radiation. X-rays and other forms of radiation can cause health problems for astronauts above the protection of Earth's atmosphere.
Опасности. с которыми сталкиваются астронавты. SERIOUS RISKS
3. For the first time, it's possible to buy yourself a ticket to space - that's if you've got $20 million to spend. Dennis Tito, an American businessman, and Mark Shuttleworth, a businessman from South Africa, have both visited the International Space Station. They were taken up on Russian Soyuz rockets and enjoyed a week of weightlessness before returning to Earth.
Сейчас можно полететь в космос за деньги. SPACE TOURISTS
4. Look up into the sky at the right time and the right direction and you'll see Saturn. It will look like a bright star, but a pair of binoculars or a small telescope will give you an amazing view. Saturn has rings around it, giving it a beautiful appearance unlike anything else in the night sky. No wonder Saturn has been called the 'Jewel of the Solar System'.
Прекрасный вид Сатурна. SPECTACULAR SIGHT
5. Discovered in 1930, the planet Pluto circles the Sun at a distance of approximately six billion kilometres. That's about forty times further away from the Sun than the Earth is! At that distance, the Sun looks just like a bright star and provides very little heat. A spacecraft launched from the Earth would take twelve or thirteen years to get to Pluto, so don't expect to see close-up photographs any time soon !
Плутон находится далеко от Солнца. DISTANT WORLD
6. We're used to the idea of modern telescopes giving us views of the universe and astronauts flying to the space station and back again. But did you know that the roots of astronomy go back thousands of years? The Egyptians studied the night sky, as did the original people of North America. The famous circle of stones at Stonehenge in Britain shows that people there knew about the movements of the Sun and the Moon at least 2,500 years before Christ was born.
Люди очень давно начали изучать космос. ANCIENT SCIENCE